We can provide you with the ideal security program for your site, making your day-to-day operations safer.
Read More »
**This course is part of CORE Training Day 2.
Overview: For the Asbestos Awareness course, the minimum training elements that must be included:
Course Length: 2hrs | CFR Reference: 29 CFR 1910.1001 (j)(7), 29 CFR 1926.1101 | Course Required By: OSHA
- The health effects associated with asbestos exposure
- The relationship between smoking and exposure to asbestos producing lung cancer
- The quantity, location, manner of use, release, and storage of asbestos, and the specific nature of operations which could result in exposure to asbestos
- Engineering controls and work practices associated with the employee's job assignment
- Procedures to protect employees from exposure to asbestos, such as work practices, emergency and clean-up procedures, and personal protective equipment to be used
- The purpose, proper use, and limitations of respirators and protective clothing, if appropriate
- The purpose and a description of the required medical surveillance program
- The content of the standard (§1910.1001), including appendices
- The names, addresses and phone numbers of public health organizations which provide information, materials, and/or conduct programs concerning smoking cessation
- The requirements for posting signs and affixing labels and the meaning of the required legends for such signs and labels
Course Objectives: Upon completion of the Asbestos Awareness course, the student will be familiar with:
- Describe the health effects associated with asbestos exposure
- Explain the relationship between smoking and exposure to asbestos in producing lung cancer
- Explain the quantity, location, manner of use, release, and storage of asbestos, and the specific nature of the operations that could result in exposure to asbestos
- Explain the engineering controls and work practices associated with the employee's job assignment
- Explain the specific procedures implemented to protect employees from exposure to asbestos, such as appropriate work practices, emergency clean-up procedures, and PPE to be used
- Explain the purpose and provide a description of worker protection programs
Written Exam: Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
Retraining: Student is responsible for retraining every year.
To register, click the "Register Now!" button on the left. Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
← Back to Course Listings