Complete package of occupational testing services customized to meet your needs.
Read More »
**This course is part of CORE Training Day 2.
For the Asbestos Awareness course, the minimum training elements that must be included:
- The health effects associated with asbestos exposure
- The relationship between smoking and exposure to asbestos producing lung cancer
- The quantity, location, manner of use, release, and storage of asbestos, and the specific nature of operations which could result in exposure to asbestos
- Engineering controls and work practices associated with the employee's job assignment
- Procedures to protect employees from exposure to asbestos, such as work practices, emergency and clean-up procedures, and personal protective equipment to be used
- The purpose, proper use, and limitations of respirators and protective clothing, if appropriate
- The purpose and a description of the required medical surveillance program
- The content of the standard (§1910.1001), including appendices
- The names, addresses and phone numbers of public health organizations which provide information, materials, and/or conduct programs concerning smoking cessation
- The requirements for posting signs and affixing labels and the meaning of the required legends for such signs and labels
Course Length: 2hrs | CFR Reference: 29 CFR 1910.1001 (j)(7), 29 CFR 1926.1101 | Course Required By: OSHA
Course Price: $82
Upon completion of the Asbestos Awareness course, the student will be familiar with:
- Describe the health effects associated with asbestos exposure
- Explain the relationship between smoking and exposure to asbestos in producing lung cancer
- Explain the quantity, location, manner of use, release, and storage of asbestos, and the specific nature of the operations that could result in exposure to asbestos
- Explain the engineering controls and work practices associated with the employee's job assignment
- Explain the specific procedures implemented to protect employees from exposure to asbestos, such as appropriate work practices, emergency clean-up procedures, and PPE to be used
- Explain the purpose and provide a description of worker protection programs
Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
Student is responsible for retraining every year.
To register, click the "Register Now!" button on the left. Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
← Back to Course Listings