The best pre-hospital emergency care available offshore from our nationally certified paramedics.
Read More »
Confined Space Supervisor
Overview: The Confined Space Supervisor course ensures that employers will provide training so that all employees whose work is regulated by this standard acquire the understanding, knowledge, and skills necessary for the safe performance of the duties assigned under this standard.
Course Length: 16hrs | CFR Reference: 29 CFR 1910.146; 29 CFR 1915 | Course Required By: Company-specific
Course Objectives: Upon completion of Confined Space Supervisor training, the student will be familiar with:
Prerequisite: Confined Space Awareness training
- Hazards that may be faced during entry, including information on the mode, signs, or symptoms, and consequences of the exposure
- Review of CFR 1910.146 and CFR 1915
- Recommendations from CFR 1910.146 supervisor responsibilities
- How to verify, by checking that the appropriate entries have been made on the permit; assuring all tests specified by the permit have been conducted and that all procedures and equipment specified by the permit are in place before allowing entry to begin
- When to terminate the entry and cancel the permit, including when:
- The entry operations covered by the entry permit have been completed, or
- A condition that is not allowed under the entry permit arises in or near the permit space
- How to verify that rescue services are available and that the means for summoning them are operable
- How to remove unauthorized individuals who enter or who attempt to enter the permit space during entry operations
- System for the preparation, issuance, use and cancellation of entry permits as required, including the following components of the entry permit
- Technical properties of gasses and chemicals that may be found in confined spaces
- Electronic gas meter principles and limitations
- Ventilation techniques and calculations on air volume
- Rescue planning scenarios
- Review of accidents in confined spaces
Written Exam: Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
To register, click the "Register Now!" button on the left. Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
← Back to Course Listings