DOT CFR 49.171-180; 8hr Hazardous Chemical Transportation
The DOT CFR 49.171-180; 8Hr Hazardous Chemical Transportation course familiarizes the student with how hazardous materials must be prepared for transportation. This course will teach the student how to use the Hazardous Material Table, along with function-specific training, in order to ship hazardous materials. The course will explain how to determine what is considered a hazardous materials and how it must be labeled and packaged for transportation. The course will further explain how to properly fill out the paperwork required for hazardous materials transportation and how it should be placarded for transport.
Course Price: $368
Course Length: 8hrs | CFR Reference: Title 49 CFR | Course Required By: Department of Transportation, IATA/IMDG
Upon completion of DOT 49 CFR 171-180; Hazardous Chemical Transportation 8hr training, the student will be familiar with common D.O.T shipping requirements for transport of hazardous materials.
- Review of HAZWOPER and (how to use) NAERG
- What is 49 CFR
- How to use the Hazardous Material Table including Appendix “A” and Appendix “B” to classify Hazardous materials
- How to properly fill out Shipping Papers (Bills of Laden, Dangerous Cargo Manifest ETC.) in accordance with DOT regulations
- How to properly mark Bulk and Non-bulk Packaging
- How to label Non-bulk Packaging
- How to placard Bulk Packaging and transport vehicles
- Emergency response and reporting requirements
- Training requirements for the Hazmat Employee
- Hazmat Security
- Packaging requirements
- Filling out bill of laden for Air, Vessel and Land transportation
- Hands-on training with marking, labeling, and placarding of Non-Bulk and Bulk Packaging
There is a written quiz to evaluate the student’s retention of information. If a general understanding is not achieved, remediation in the material will take place before completion of the course.
Student is responsible for retraining every three years.
To register, click the "Register Now!" button on the left. Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
← Back to Course Listings