The best pre-hospital emergency care available offshore from our nationally certified paramedics.
Read More »
Drug & Alcohol Supervisor
The Drug & Alcohol Supervisor course satisfies the U.S. Department of Labor and the U.S. Coast Guard requirement for reasonable suspicion training for all employees designated to supervise regulated employees under applicable regulations.
The requirements apply to employees who have management or supervisor responsibilities, along with employees who have regular contact with regulated personnel.
Federal requirements mandate that the employer shall provide education materials that explain the requirements and the employer's policies and procedures with respect to meeting these requirements.
Course Price: $159
Course Length: 8hrs | CFR Reference: 49 CFR Part 40; 46 CFR PART 4; OSHA's General Duty Clause, Section 5(a)(1) | Course Required By: DOT, USCG
Upon completion of Drug & Alcohol Supervisor training, the student will be familiar with or able to:
- The events leading up to the establishment of the Anti-Drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Program Regulations.
- Describe what safety-sensitive workers are and why safety-sensitive workers are part of the Anti-Drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Program.
- Define the six required types of tests in the Anti-Drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Program.
- Describe what prohibited conduct is for drug use and alcohol misuse.
- State the five prohibited drugs the program tests for and outline actions and effects of their use.
- Recall the consequences of a verified positive drug or alcohol test.
- Define alcohol and prohibited conduct under the Alcohol Misuse regulations.
- Recall the consequences for refusal to submit to a drug or alcohol test.
- Define the permanent bar and what behavior will cause a safety-sensitive worker to be permanently barred.
- Identify the indicators of probable drug use and/or alcohol misuse.
- Understand the supervisor's responsibilities in the overall compliance program.
- Recall the signs and symptoms of illegal drug use and alcohol misuse.
- Define the supervisor's role within the process for testing an employee based on reasonable cause/suspicion.
- Identify the steps of confronting an employee upon observation of the indicators of probable illegal drug use or alcohol misuse.
- Participate in an interactive scenario to make a determination to conduct a test.
- Recognize the importance of recordkeeping and appropriate documentation.
- Review questions that were asked by supervisors in other companies and the answers.
Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of the course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
Students will use actual Federal Chain of Custody forms and Reasonable Suspicion checklists for this course.
To register, click the "Register Now!" button on the left. Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
← Back to Course Listings