Excavation and Trenching
The Excavation and Trenching course focuses on the OSHA standards and hazards of industries related to excavation and trenching. Each employer is responsible for assuring compliance with these standards.
Course Length: 8hrs | CFR Reference: 29 CFR Part 1926.650
Upon completion of Excavation and Trenching training, the student will be familiar with:
Written Exam: Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
- Excavation and trenching basics
- General requirements, to include: planning, daily inspections of excavations, and adjacent areas
- Protective systems
- Anatomy of cave-ins
- Indications of failure of protective systems
- Hazards to include: hazardous atmospheres, utilities, falling loads, etc.
- Soil analysis to include: types, classifications, and weight
- Interpretations and appendices, including subpart P
Retraining: Student is responsible for retraining every year.
To register, click the "Register Now!" button on the left. Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
← Back to Course Listings