Complete package of occupational testing services customized to meet your needs.
Read More »
Facility Rules & Regulations
Office hours: M-F, 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Morning classes: 7:00 a. m., Wednesday courses begin at 8:00 a.m.
Download a brochure concerning all lodging accommodations and pricing.
Weekday Check-In Procedures
- If you plan to arrive at the training academy the day prior to the start of training, please arrive before 6 p.m. If you have a special situation and cannot be there before that time, please call us, as early as possible, to make check-in arrangements.
- Students should use the front door of the education building and report to the kiosk for classroom assignments.
- If you will be lodging with us, your room assignment and keys will be in the registration packet you will receive upon checking in at the kiosk.
Weekend Check-In Procedures
- If you plan to arrive at the training academy the day prior to the start of training, please arrive before 5 p.m. If you have a special situation and cannot be there before that time, please call us, as early as possible, to make check-in arrangements.
- All weekend courses start at 7:00 a.m., unless other arrangements have been made. Students should use the front door of the education building and check the overhead monitor for classroom assignments. All scheduled courses and times will flash on the monitor and can also be found on the kiosk reception area.
ParkingStudent parking is available throughout the facility. Please do not park in spaces marked "Reserved".
- If you are lodging with us, please turn down your bed linens on the last morning of your stay.
- Check-out with receptionist at the front desk of the education building.
- Work clothing is required during outdoor training sessions. No tank tops, please.
- For classes that require personal protective equipment (such as rigging or fall protection), please bring your hard hat, safety shoes, and safety glasses with you.
- For water survival, bring an extra set of clean (no grease/oil stains) work clothes for use in the pool. No cut-offs allowed in the pool. Towels will be provided by SMS.
- Shorts and sandals are allowed only after classroom hours.
- No guests are allowed on-site without prior approval of the SMS Training Manager of Operations or Coordinator.
- Alcohol is not allowed on the SMS Training Academy grounds. All prescription medication should be in an appropriately labeled container.
- Any person under the influence of alcohol or controlled substance is prohibited from entering company premises, engaging in company business, or operating company equipment.
- No horseplay allowed.
- No students allowed on fire field or crane field without an SMS staff member present.
- NO SMOKING INSIDE ANY BUILDING ON THE PREMISES!
- Smoking is authorized only in designated smoking areas.
- No loud music allowed on company grounds at any time. Some night shift personnel may be sleeping during daylight hours.
- Breakfast served from 6:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m.
- Lunch served from 11:00 a.m - 12:00 p.m.
- Dinner served from 4:00 p.m - 6:00 p.m.
- Appropriate dress will be required in the restaurant at all times (no bare feet, sandals, or tank tops).
Telephone LocationA telephone is available for student use in the recreation room. You must have a calling card for long distance calls. A calling card machine is available in the lobby of the main building.
LaundryCoin-operated washer and dryer, soap dispenser, and change machine are located in the rear of the lodging building. Your lodging card key will get you access to this area.
First AidAn AED and full Basic Life Support medical kit is located on-site for your safety. In an emergency, dial 911 and alert the nearest staff member.
- SMS reserves the right to search all personal baggage brought on site for contraband including drugs, alcohol, weapons, and suspected theft of SMS property.
- SMS provides an on-site security guard after hours. He can be located in Room 127 of the lodging building.
- SMS is not responsible for any lost or stolen articles.