When accidents happen without easy access to land services, it pays to have the most trusted name in the Gulf on your side.
Air Med’s Emergency Call Center, ONE GULF, is staffed 24/7 with a dedicated aero-medical dispatcher/paramedic, who coordinates all emergency and inter-hospital requests for help and directs the rescue accordingly.
Benefits of ONE GULF:
- Monitors availability of the Air Med Services fleet of nine helicopters (as well as other helicopter providers)
- Will suggest using the closest appropriate airborne asset to facilitate evacuation of your injured/ill worker(s)
- Provides self-help
- Coordinates online medical control
- Directs the rescue to the most appropriate hospital
- Gives updates to essential personnel throughout the call
- Coordinates ground transportation, additional resources, and other notifications to essential personnel as needed
- Stores offshore location in our Computer-Aided Dispatch Server to give our Flight Controller the exact location, rescue plan, flight plan, and vital communications information, which speeds the response to the injured parties
- Verifies rig profiles every 90 days to make sure that the location, fuel situations, heli-deck status, or other vital information has/has not changed.
- During major events, ONE GULF can staff as many as 22 communications specialists and five management personnel to help manage any offshore emergency
Learn more about this life-saving service at acadianairmed.com or call 877.ONE.GULFSince 1981, Acadian Air Med Services’ fleet of medically-equipped transport helicopters has flown more first-response missions than any other air medical program in the United States.
- All Air Med nationally registered paramedics are trained in Acadian’s Critical Care Transport program
- To continuously supply added value, Acadian employees can be fully incorporated into daily operations at base facilities
- Fully staffed aircraft services and individual medics are also available to operate on non-Acadian airships