Course Length: 8 hrs
Prerequisite: Training and assessment activities contained within this standard include physically demanding and potentially stressful elements. All personnel who participate in such activities must be physically and mentally capable of participating fully. Prior to participating in practical exercises, the student must be fit for training* and able to:
- Hold their breath underwater for 10 seconds
- Move through water using their arms
- Wear and use a lifejacket and survival suit in a pool
- Re-breathe using an EBS for up to 30 seconds
- Sit in class for up to 60 minutes per session
- Step into a pool from a height of 1m / 3.2ft
- Use upper body muscles ( Lifting and pulling actions)when climbing in/out of a life raft
Safety Management Systems regards your safety first and suggests the following: Candidates that are concerned with participating in practical exercises due to current or pre-existing medical conditions should consult their primary care provider prior to the onset of the training program as to the nature and extent of the training.
All delegates must produce the following prior to the onset of training:
- Valid ( Photographic) Government Identification
Assessment: SMS staff will deliver a series of explanations and demonstrations to deliver the BOSIET program. Students will be assessed against the learning outcomes specified by using direct observation.
Attendance Requirements: Daily attendance and 100% participation of each module is required to Obtain OPITO HUET Certification.
Course Administration: Each registrant will be registered with the Central Register (CR) operated by OPITO.
Retraining: Every four years
Location: Only offered at our Lafayette location.