Complete package of occupational testing services customized to meet your needs.
Read More »
Confined Space Rescue
Overview The Confined Space Rescue course is important because OSHA requires that employers who have permit spaces in their facilities in which employees will be working provide rescue and emergency services in case of an accident.
Course Price: $210
Course Length: 8hrs | CFR Reference: 29 CFR 1910.146(g)(1); 29 CFR 1910.146(k); 29 CFR 1910.146(l); 29 CFR 1915, ANSI Z117.11989 | Course Required By: OSHA
Upon completion of Confined Space Rescue training, the student will be familiar with:
In a controlled, simulated IDLH environment, students will be required to:
- The use of PPE necessary for making rescues
- The use of retrieval systems for non-entry rescue
- The entry permit system and the need to communicate the system for preparation, issuance, use, and cancellation of the entry permit
- The hazards encountered while performing a confined space rescue
- Respiratory protection and the use of SCBAs
- How to perform the assigned rescue duties; each member will have their own assigned duties
- Review of accidents common to Confined Spaces
- SKED usage and rescue from a confined space
- The requirements to practice a permit space rescue
- Respond to a rescue alert
- Evaluate the emergency and determine the correct rescue method
- Determine the atmospheric hazards
- Utilize the appropriate PPE
- Enter the confined space
- Perform a rescue on an unconscious victim
- Evaluate victim once outside and administer proper first aid until medical personnel arrive on scene
Confined Space Awareness training
Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
To register, click the "Register Now!" button on the left. Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
← Back to Course Listings