Open Enrollment Calendars
Professional and Specialty Courses
Facility Rules & Regulations
Portable Fire Extinguishers
Overview: The Portable Fire Extinguishers course will familiarize employees with the general principles of fire extinguisher use and the hazards involved with incipient stage firefighting.Course Length: 2hrs
| CFR Reference: 29 CFR 1910.155, 156, 157
| Course Required By: OSHACourse Objectives: Upon completion of Portable Fire Extinguishers training, the trainee will be familiar with:
Written Exam: Test and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with trainee to ensure understanding before completion of course.
- Clearly explain the 4 classes of fires defined by the National Fire Protection Association
- Discuss (with employees who have been designated to use fire fighting equipment as part of an emergency action plan) when the use of a fire extinguisher is appropriate
- Discuss when the use of a fire extinguisher is inappropriate
- Talk about the personal hazards involved in fighting a fire
- Demonstrate and practice the "PASS" method for fighting fires
- Discuss appropriate prevention measures
Retraining: Student is responsible for retraining every year.Safety Considerations: JSA prior to hands-on exercises.
- Identify proper types of extinguishers to use on different classes of fire
- Identify the proper portable fire extinguishers for class A, B, and C class fires and use it to extinguish a fire (this exercise is conducted once for each class of fire)
To register, click the "Register Now!" button on the left. Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
← Back to Course Listings