In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and as many businesses across the nation prepare to reopen, Safety Management Systems (SMS) is providing multiple services to businesses to ensure the safety of employees and customers.
The additional and expanded services include COVID-19 consulting, screening, testing, contact tracing, case management, and facility decontamination.
“Safety Management Systems and our sister company, Acadian Ambulance Service, have long been at the forefront of emergency medicine,” said SMS President Scott Domingue. “As COVID-19 spread across the globe, our team combined their experience and ingenuity to develop the solutions our clients needed.”
SMS Medical Director Dr. Brent Hebert added, “To date, we’ve screened more than 75,000 workers, tested over 2,500, and disinfected critical infrastructures across the United States.”
- COVID-19 Consulting: Consultants assist in developing internal policies and procedures specific to COVID-19. Policies follow CDC guidelines and recommended best practices and address screening & testing protocol, return to work and facility disinfection.
- Standard COVID-19 Screening is provided to safely and effectively identify individuals who are at high-risk of being COVID-19 positive. Our two-step screening process meets the CDC criteria and goes beyond simple temperature checks to identify other symptoms or potential exposure to the virus.
- Large Venue COVID-19 Screening is provided for events and high-traffic areas using state-of-the-art Thermal Imaging Cameras. Combined with a qualified Thermal Imaging Technician and High-Risk Evaluator, these tools are used to achieve an effective screening program without impeding entry to your facility.
- COVID-19 Testing is available to contractors and the general public. Both PCR and Serological COVID-19 Testing can be provided nationwide on an as-needed basis. SMS can provide test kits or use kits provided by the client.
- Contact Tracing: As COVID-19 spreads throughout communities, SMS can track and notify people who have been directly exposed to the virus. Contact tracing is effective at limiting the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace and identifying potential hotspots before developing.
- Case Management & Return to Work provides the medical knowledge and experience to guide high-risk or COVID-19 positive workers through their quarantine and recovery. Our goal is to ensure workers get the care they need while facilitating a safe and efficient return to work.
- Facility Decontamination: SMS has set a new standard for Viral Facility Disinfection. Our system is based on studies of medical facility disinfection and provides real-time documentation proving its effectiveness. (View our Facility Decontamination video here.)
To contact SMS regarding COVID-19 services, please visit https://safetyms.com/contact/.